Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope your day was as relaxed as mine! We enjoyed a day of rest and togetherness. Of course we had to do routine stuff that keeps our home going, but I enjoy that kind of stuff. We all help around here doing our part, so it is not so overwhelming for one person. I enjoy home, especially with my best sweet buddy, Barry. For the most part, we relaxed and enjoyed each other today. 

It is funny, several years ago, I was on the go constantly. I could never just be content and relax, certainly not alone. I would not go to bed until I was dead tired, so not to lay there thinking. I kept my mind busy constantly. These last few years, since losing my sweet brother, even dead tired, I’ve laid there with my mind just spinning, unable to shut it off at times, sometimes for days. I still functioned and handled my stuff, amazingly, and what I couldn’t do, my sweet husband took over and did. 

The last year of my life has been as brutal as my childhood. It has made me realize how losing my brother helped me to get through it. However, these last few months, I have had a sense of peace come over me. I have prayed daily for God to convict hearts and reveal the truth. It’s kind of odd, but it’s nice. Some things trigger me, like a rude and inconsiderate person, or a crook, but even that, my response is different now than it would have been since losing my brother. I don’t have the bitter anger I once felt for all those who hurt, or abused me, and us. I’m thankful for that. I have pleaded with God to take that from me, and for me to learn to forgive. I feel certain that has been my lesson in this storm that began 2/10/14, really. That’s when it really came out. I’m proud of myself for it, really. I’m thankful for my loving husband who helped push me through it all too. I’m not saying I will not always have to work to stay ahead of all the junk that comes with the things I’ve been through, but one thing is for sure, I’m way ahead of it all, mentally. That’s a good feeling too. 

Sweet Peyton came home this morning after a second hunt. They left around 6:30 this morning. I was quite proud of her! They didn’t see anything to shoot, and in my mind I’m thankful for that, but she absolutely loved it! 

Happy Friday! 


Leave a Reply